Dharma Publishing Academy Presents
Kum Nye Teacher Training:
Global Kum Nye – Three Levels
Learn to teach Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche’s Kum Nye books
with Arnaud Maitland
We are happy to re-announce Global Kum Nye Teacher Training for anyone in the world interested in refreshing or deepening their study and/or who wishes to become a Kum Nye teacher. The program will authorize teachers to lead programs based on Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche’s three Kum Nye Books: Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga (Formally called Kum Nye Relaxation), Joy of Being, and Kum Nye Dancing.
These trainings will be given life, by webinar, so everyone can join in this unique training wherever you are located. We are committed to make Kum Nye available globally and authorize you to share Kum Nye with others. You can also take this program to start your individual Kum Nye practice or deepen your love for Kum Nye without becoming an authorized teacher.
As it seems that Kum Nye is greatly beneficial for just about everyone who comes into contact with it, we are looking for people who are interested in sharing Kum Nye with others, in their personal or professional lives. Our goal is to make Kum Nye available throughout the world. You can help!
The Kum Nye Teacher Training Program – Global Kum Nye will consist of three levels as it will be based on each of the three Kum Nye books:
- Level I – Kum Nye – Tibetan Yoga – October 19th – 27th, 2015
8.30am- 12.30pm San Francisco Time
plus November 28th– 29th – Self Massage
8.30am- 12.30pm San Francisco Time
- Level II – The Joy of Being – February 2016
- Level III – Kum Nye Dancing – October 2016
Level I – Embodying Kum Nye – Vibrant Aliveness!
based on Kum Nye – a Tibetan Yoga
9 day webinar – Monday October 19th through Tuesday 27th, 2015 – 8.30am – 12.30pm San Francisco Time. Plus a two day Self Massage webinar November 28-29th 8.30am-12.30pm.
Kum Nye is a mind – body discipline using the body as a vehicle for relaxation and transformation. The first level focuses on the first Kum Nye book by Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche, Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga, and explores topics such as relaxing the body, releasing deeply-held tensions, stimulating the circulation of vital energies through our entire body system. At the first level Kum Nye will promote health and wellbeing, while calming the restless tendencies of body and mind, and softening emotional impulsive behaviors. Thus, Kum Nye leads to a more positive, creative life. Through Kum Nye we can contact the reality of our nature, enabling us to embody vibrant aliveness.
In Level I of the Global Kum Nye Teacher Training you will learn:
1. Theory and exercises of the first Kum Nye a Tibetan Yoga book – Outer and Inner levels of Kum Nye
2. Mindfulness of Body, Mindfulness of Feeling, Mindfulness of Breath, Mindfulness of Mind, Mindfulness of Space
3. Three levels of tension – Three levels of relaxation
4. Body Awareness
5. Developing the sensory ability to feel
6. Learning to activating, circulating and sustaining the flow of feeling through the body, mind and senses
7. Cultivating the breath, the motor of our being
8. Awakening our innate, vibrant aliveness!
The following topics will also be included for the purpose of being able to teach Kum Nye;
A. Different exercises for different aspects of body and mind
B. How to deepen each exercise
C. How to open each chakra
D. How to become aware of what might benefit different types of students
E. Working with various kinds of conflicts
F. How to strengthen concentration and expanding awareness
G. How to control and direct subtle body energy of body and mind
H. How to integrate body and mind deeply, eventually leading to Samadhi
All participants in level I will receive various multi-media materials at no charge, including:
• Handouts from other Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche’s books
• Audio Recordings from Kum Nye Teacher Training webinar classes – approx. 36 hours
• Four Kum Nye DVDs: Kum Nye Healthy Body and Mind Series – The Art of Developing Balance, Healing the Four Energy Centers, Stimulating and Transforming Energies, and Developing Wholeness of Energy – approx. 4 hours
• Ten Kum Nye Audio CDs: Kum Nye Relaxation Series – Introduction to Kum Nye, The Art of Developing Balance, Integrating Body and Mind, Living Life in the Breath, Developing Wholeness of Energy, Tools for Transformation, Healing the Four Energy Centers, Stimulating and Transforming Energies, Morning and Evening Practices, Transmuting Negative Energies – approx. 9 hours
• Seven audio CDs: Kum Nye Talks Series –
Feeling and Integrating, Guiding Practice, The Energy of the Breath, Stimulating and Transforming Energies, Kum Nye in Three Books, Power Kum Nye Introduction, “Kum” and “Nye’ in Kum Nye Dancing –approx. 15 hours
• Line by line reading of Tarthang Tulku’s Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga book plus commentary provided by Arnaud Maitland. This material will not be covered in the webinar as you are expected to study it on your own – approx. 30 hours
In addition to participation in the webinar classes mentioned above, students enrolled in Level I of the Kum Nye Teachers Training program and wishing to become authorized Kum Nye teachers in Level I must also:
• Complete Levels 1-5 of eKum Nye (Outer Kum Nye Relaxation, Transformations, Inner Balance, Cream of Kum Nye, Extracting the Juice of Experience) at a cost of $345 in total
• Complete three other eKum Nye levels of your choosing at $79 each
• Write a paper on an individual focus
• Participate in occasional Skype consults and check in
• Final Interview
• Establish a practice group in your area
• Enroll and participate in free webinars focusing on the first Kum Nye book
* * *
If you are starting Level I Embodying Kum Nye from the ground up, it will take you two years to complete; however, many of you have already completed one or more elements of this training, therefore the time of completion may be much shorter. As a prospective authorized Kum Nye teacher you may miss only one Teacher’s Training webinar class.
Program Leader – Level I Embodying Kum Nye will be led by Director of Dharma Publishing, Arnaud Maitland, senior student of Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche since 1976.
*** Registration Cost: $995 plus eKum Nye enrollments
Authorization Fee: $1080
Once you have completed the program, written your paper and passed your final interview you will become authorized to teach level one of Kum Nye. The one time authorization fee is $1080.
Participation in ongoing Kym Nye education retreats is required to maintain the status of authorized Kum Nye teacher level I. Prospects of Kym Nye teacher level I will sign a legal release form and an authorized teacher agreement. Then, you officially become an authorized teacher of Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga, the first book of Tarthang Tulku Rinpoche’s and you will be free and encouraged to take the training materials to make your own practice and business of sharing Kym Nye with others.
Enrollment – If you would like to enroll in the level I program please contact Sarah at email@example.com